ECOLOGICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL WONDERLAND
- 4 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 6 Cars
If you have been thinking of becoming more self sufficient and you are looking for your own private sanctuary this is the property for you!
Purposely built and custom designed to keep in touch with nature, this home will appeal to the environmentalists, painters, poets and photographers alike. For those of us who aren't so artistically favoured, we will find pleasure in the tranquillity and beauty that is ever so prominent with your surrounds. There's an abundance of birdlife and wildlife to take in when walking through the tracks of this magical 16 hectare property. When you start to look at the finer points of this property, you quickly realise the expense and the effort that was undertaken to complete what you see today. Foresight and careful planning went into the positioning and fit out of the home and the surrounds. Many things such as 7 inch guttering, heavy gauge roofing, copper for the plumbing, non return valves on the concrete water tanks, fire breaks and a fool proof solar power setup can be easily overlooked. Put all of this together though and you have one spectacular property that is self sufficient yet still practical in today's day and age.
This property is not one that you can easily explain or inspect in a matter of minutes, listed below are a few of the key features of the property (a comprehensive list can be provided if required):
- CCA treated Spotted Gum pole home (completed 19th December 2003)
- 5 x 5,000 gallon concrete water tanks (4 with rural fire brigade fittings)
- 13kVa generator with automatic stop/start to maintain the batteries for the solar power
- 12 batteries make 1320A/hr plus a 6kW inverter
- Solar hot water system with a back up electric booster
- Solid timber kitchen (Forest Red Gum bench tops & Sydney Blue Gum cabinetry) with Electrolux gas oven and Omega gas cook top, Delonghi 900mm range hood, Asko dishwasher plus plenty of cupboard and bench space
- Massive open plan living area with vaulted ceilings, polished timber floors and ceiling fans
- Slow combustion fire place with double glass for the winter nights
- 4 built in bedrooms (or 3 plus a parents retreat or office)
- Large covered verandah opens out upstairs and also doubles as cover for the downstairs tiled outdoor area
- High quality mix of timbers to the internals of the property including Blackbutt and Tallowood, Sydney Blue Gum and Spotted Gum
- Ensuite with spa bath, shower and laundry chute
- Main bathroom plus 2 separate powder rooms
- Enormous laundry plus a huge walk through linen cupboard
- Insulated wine cellar
- Ceramic disc taps throughout the house
- Phone line connected, Austar TV available
- Treat Right Envirocycle
- Fenced house yard for the children to play and the dogs to run
- 10m x 12m Titan shed with power and lights
- Spring fed dam
- Rainforest plantation planted in 1998 includes Silver Ash, Red Cedar, Qld Maple, Quandong, White Beech, Burdikan Plum (could be harvested now or in the future for higher prices)
Whether you're looking to be at one with nature or to get away from the constant humming and beeping of everyday life - this property will surely impress. Inspections are strictly by appointment only, for further information contact Terry today.
16 ha / 40 acres
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.